SKILL STRENGTHENING FOR INDUSTRIAL VALUE ENHANCEMENT (STRIVE)
The Skill Strengthening for Industrial Value Enhancement (STRIVE) Project has been developed by Government of India (GoI) with World Bank assistance to incentivize the critical instructional reforms required in the institutional training system offered through ITIs and Apprenticeship to meet the GoIs commitment to develop globally competitive work force.
Skill Strengthening For Industrial Value Enhancement (STRIVE) project is implemented by the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) through State Government, Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs), Centrally Funded Institutes (CFIs) and Industry Clusters (ICs).
- The key objective of STRIVE Project is to improve the relevance and efficiency of Skills Training provided through ITIs and Apprenticeships.
- Project has four result areas under which funding is available.
- J&K has been allotted 07 ITIs to participate in STRIVE Project.
- Result Area 1: Improve Performance of ITIs.
- Result Area 2: Increase Capacities of State Governments to support ITIs and Apprenticeship Training.
- Result Area 3: Improve Teaching and Learning Capabilities.
(implemented by DGT).
- Result Area 4: Improved and Broadened Apprenticeship Training.
Improving the performance of ITIs to be monitored on the basis of key performance indicators like:-
- % increase in number of passed-outs at the respective ITI.
- % increase in female enrolment rate across the trades functioning in ITI.
- % increase in total enrolments at the respective ITI
- % increase in total trainees who have undergone on Job Training (OJT).
Increase Capacities of State Governments to support ITIs and Apprenticeship Training.
- By conducting tracer studies.
- Reducing vacancy of ITI trainers.
- Development of career progression policy for ITI trainers.
- By conducting capacity building programme /refresher courses for trainers.
Improve Teaching and Learning.
- Up-gradation and roll out of CTS/CITS trades.
- Improving curricula.
- Conducting career building programmes.`
- Examination reforms.
Improve and Broaden Apprenticeship Training.
- Encouraging small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to engage apprentices.
- Promote apprenticeship among Industry Clusters.
- Setting up State Apprenticeship Monitoring Cell to coordinate Apprenticeship activities in State.
Result Area 1
Result Area 2
Contract Award Notices
Grievance Redressal Mechanisium at UT PIU level
Result Area 4
Audit Report under STRIVE for the FY 2020-21
Click here to reach STRIVE Procurement Grievance